Tuesday, January 29, 2013

 Hi PE students,
A new year is another opportunity for a fresh start and goal setting in life.   I understand that signing up for this course is one thing, but it also very easy to wander away from it if you aren't active and successful.  Hey it is human nature to avoid things we don't succeed in!

My point here is that just because it hasn't worked for you doesn't mean it is over.  Have a look at my recent blog post and consider/ review what may be holding you back and see if you can make a plan for the next week to try again.  I just made a plan and have had 2 days in a row of activity (got myself off the couch last night at 8 pm because I wanted to keep my momentum going.)...going for my 3rd day today!   Positive momentum can be a great boost..just as neg momentum can spin things the other way...and when/if that happens, just ride it out and hop back on the horse/bike/treadmill/skateboard/ to build more momentum.  Most people that succeed in being regularly active have setbacks too.
Good Luck, have faith in yourself to give it a try, its ok to try again and if you don't succeed right away, try again... and contact me anytime for questions or help...email....call me(604 5956355)....maybe you need a refresher orientation visit at Surrey Connect? (every thursday at 5 pm.) 
Mr. Avery

I was considering a driftwood hip replacement, but ended up going with the titanium version!


2 comments:

  1. update:this message was mailed to all students in early january..and since then I have been successful in returning to regular activity. Although I haven't included much swimming (only once) I have been riding the stationary bike 5 times a week and have returned to a regular and balanced strength program. I just bought a new pump and soon will have my hot tub back running and look forward to stretch in there (although I have also been stretching more after/during my workouts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only todays workout away from finishing Blog # 1. I have now learned the proper way to "save" my posts. Blog #2 will be more orginized. Since Christmas Vacation I have been on the stationary bike a lot, making my workouts include ,Cardio,Strenth, and Flexibility. Hoping to get my first blog to you on Friday Feb 1.

      Delete