Thursday, November 7, 2013

7 Workout Habits You Should Drop Now


By Jennifer Cohen
Are you spending hours working out every week, and not getting the results you want? Chances are you might have a bad habit or two when it comes to exercising. Never fear, there's a quick fix for even the most ingrained workout no-nos. Check out these seven workout habits you should drop: they will help you become a more efficient exerciser.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bad-workout-habits-efficient-exercise

PE Students: Review the web article (link above) and watch the video below to learn more about exercise choices and routines. Think about your approach and does this information provide some insight into how you can improve your approach?

* it is also interesting to review some of the comments (click the green comment button on the site) to see what others think about this article.  Do you agree/disagree with any of the comments?  Very interesting!

5 comments:

  1. Some of the points seemed really surprising while others I could understand why they might be harmful or bad. One that I could relate with is the doing stuff alone one. It feels really boring when doing exercises all alone as your mind sort of wanders off and I get bored and nobody is there to encourage me or keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very surprised by a lot of this. The most surprising for me is the sports drink one. I always have a gatorade with me when I'm exercising because i thought it was an effective way for me to get energized but as it says in the link, water should do just fine as gatorade is high in calories and sugar and it also says to just eat a healthy snack 45 mins before exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this article very interesting but didn't gain much from it. Most of these gym habits are often picked up but noticed very easily and its more of whether or not you decide to change them. One of the points in the article I did like was exercising with a friend or partner. I can see how this would help and motivate you when you have someone there alongside you. Not only does it push you to show your best but it is also just way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this article was a an eye opener fir the sports drinks and lollygagging section but one of the 7 points really stood out to me.
    working out alone, I often work out alone when I'm running lifting weights or doing core. I always start out strong consistent and motivated but often finding myself getting lazy about a week in. normally I would just stop but recently I have had a work out buddy and have never been so consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article let me find some problems that I didn't care about before, like going it alone. I like to work out alone, this allows me can focus on sports. Right now, I still prefer to exercise alone but I want to try to see if it will be different after having a fitness partner.

    ReplyDelete