Friday, April 12, 2013

protein options




"Whether it’s fueling up before hitting the gym or taking a mid-day snack break to avoid the 2 o’clock lull, high-protein snacks are the tastiest way to keep on going. Protein snacks are the perfect way to fill up just enough, and give us longer-lasting energy than the usual, carb-heavy options. Here are 31 of our favorite protein-packed snacks — one for every day of the month! We promise you won’t get sick of any of these choices."

http://greatist.com/health/high-protein-snacks-portable/

P.E. students:  How much protein do you eat in a typical day and what are your sources?  After viewing this list of options are there any that you would like to try?  Share/review this list with whoever does most of the food shopping in your house so you can continue to find new  healthy sources for your daily protein needs..and  share your thoughts/experiences in your reflection journal.

2 comments:

  1. I personally try to include around three servings of protein a day. I get my protein in the morning from a Vega protein shake for breakfast, then for lunch I always include almonds or a protein bar, then for dinner I will always have some sort of lean meat or two eggs. Also, having protein filled snacks help keep me full for longer. This usually includes carrots and hummus or almond butter on an apple. This past month my family has really been working on including more protein in our diets. Especially for snacks because we always used to eat through out the day and it wouldn't fill us up. By adding more protein, we can stay full for longer and are eating much healthier. Also, eating clean has become really important to us because it is really so much better for your overall health. Overall I feel really great and always satisfied, never hungry or eating out of boredom!

    Sidney Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comments keep disappearing but here goes another try..

    In the morning ill usually have cottage cheese with fruits, nuts and honey. This provides about two servings of protein so i have enough energy for my morning classes. At lunch Ill have a turkey sandwich with other various foods, resulting in my third serving of protein. Once i come home from school ill have dinner which always has a portion of chicken or fish along with rice and vegetables. I have two days a week where I only eat a handful of nuts or two because i tend to over eat proteins on some days. Especially when my family makes shish kabobs for dinner. After looking at `31 healthy and portable high protein snack` id definitely love to try the chunky monkey shake, substituting peanut butter for almond butter because of my allergies and the silver dollar protein pancakes because i love breakfast and having different things for it everyday.

    ReplyDelete