Friday, January 23, 2015

30 Dumbbell Exercises Missing From Your Routine



30 Dumbbell Exercises Missing From Your Routine
click this link to see all 30 exercises
PE students: 
What do you currently do for strength activities in your personal exercise program?  Strength activities should involve some level of muscle overload and required rest intervals, but it doesn't have to involve weights (lots of body-weight exercises..see earlier posts) 

Comment on how your approach involves a total body focus and looks to increase loads/reps/sets over time.

 Review these strength exercises and consider adding some/all to your strength focused activities.  

3 comments:

  1. I haven't used dumbbells for a while and I am considering buying some free weights to add to my families exercise equipment. Because of dance my legs get a lot of strength training and I feel that my upper body needs some strength exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My strength routine generally consists of lat pulls, barbell squats, curls, and the works- it varies from workout to workout. What I've been doing lately is 100 jumping jacks, 100 crunches and 100 pushups, 1 minute rest and then repeat so I haven't used weights in awhile, (Ive been too busy to get to the gym soIve been working out at home, where there are no weights) rather have been using my weight as the resistance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice to see that there are so many different ways to use dumbbells. over the summer my parent got a dumbbell set which they wanted me to use. Every time I used them I did the same basic exercises curls presses' and fly's. I had no clue there could be so many different alternative's and maybe now I can start using them and having a full workout planed with all sorts of different exercises.

    ReplyDelete