Thursday, January 15, 2015

9 Totally Manageable Fitness Resolutions From The Pros

9 Totally Manageable Fitness Resolutions From The Pros


#9 "Many people can get easily discouraged and give up when there's too much emphasis on weight loss. Focus on the joys of exercise and movement instead. Take pride in your body getting stronger. Think about the boost in energy you get after a workout. Do set goals, but make them about making fitness fun: Commit to joining a class three days a week or to signing up for a race. Just find something you consider fun!"
--Chris Freytag, fitness expert, author of Get Started with Weight Loss andHuffPost blogger

PE Students: open this weblink: Manageable Fitness Resolutions  to see the other 8 ideas and think about which idea(s) stand out for you. Write about how you plan to specifically apply any of the advice to your personal exercise program and/or report on how it went!

3 comments:

  1. I would choose #6 Find a Buddy as I have issues with motivation occasionally, while one of my best friends is an absolute Gym Nut. She is also on the same schedule as I am- doing physical activity in the morning, sleeping, going back to regular life- so it could be quite fun to do this together. I will definitely implement it into the course at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would choose #6 Find a Buddy as I have issues with motivation occasionally, while one of my best friends is an absolute Gym Nut. She is also on the same schedule as I am- doing physical activity in the morning, sleeping, going back to regular life- so it could be quite fun to do this together. I will definitely implement it into the course at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose to hold a plank as it builds up muscle strength. I can start at 1 minute and slowly build up to 5 minutes. I plan on holding a plank every day although I won't do it first thing in the morning so that I can take a break first. By doing this, I hope that I can get a stronger core. I can also do sit ups everyday because it also engages and strengthens the core. Once I reach the point where I can do 30 in a row with proper form I'll do situps with weights.

    ReplyDelete