Sunday, September 25, 2016


How to Interval Train at Every Level

Pick Your HIIT Plan

Three trainers suggested HIIT routines at varying levels of difficulty. One of the workouts requires no equipment, and the other two only require a set of dumbbells or kettlebells. All of them make it easy to get started—now!

The Moves

Here's a detailed breakdown of all of the moves http://greatist.com/fitness/interval-training-beginners
SAIL PE STUDENTS:
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) can be modified for all levels of fitness. The idea is to introduce shorter, more intense intervals to your exercise time.
How can you apply this idea to your exercise plan/program/activity? Be specific with the names of moves and times and reps that you tried.
REMINDER: anyone can add intensity intervals! Create a routine with a variety of total body moves that you can repeat ( see the instructions) Using these moves and/or others.

5 comments:

  1. I can integrate the FITT principle into my activity by adding "intensity intervals" (for example, if I'm using the tennis trainer, then I can start hitting it harder so I have to run faster). I can do a full bodyweight HIIT circuit followed by some lower body strength moves, like squat jumps and side lunges. I could integrate these into other workouts, such as laser tag and the trampoline. For example, in laser tag I can use the side lunge for a better aim. On the trampoline, I could add intervals of more intense jumping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do High Intensity Interval Training on the elliptical trainer when I have just a short period of time to work out or at the end of the day when I have not yet met my personal exercise goal for that day. Since I track my activity level on my Apple watch, I can see when I still have more work to do. We have an elliptical trainer in our garage, so I can jump on that whenever I have free time or at the end of the day when I have finished my homework. Because my effort is recorded on my watch and the electronic display, I can monitor my exertion, but I think the talk test (described in the link) is always a good way to see if you are working at a high intensity. Personally, I feel really good when I work out hard and the elliptical lets you use both your upper and lower body and you can adjust the level of effort in each. The Apple watch supports HIIT and that is where I first learned about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy pushing myself and trying new ways to get my heart rate up. I think HIIT is a very good way to challenge yourself and beneficial to add to your routine. It can vary of different exercises. Its always interesting to add something new and try multiple things out to see what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy HIIT and like how its so customizable to your own fitness level!

    ReplyDelete